Thanks for using Reservation Counter. We've developed a policy that explains how and why we use the information that comes through our site. It applies to the services available through the ReservationCounter.com website, its mobile site, and all other applications and online communications, which we refer to as our "Site" in this policy. We respect your expectations and take your privacy seriously.
We will not ask you for information that does not have a purpose. Whether you travel the web or travel the world, Reservation Counter wants you to always be safe!
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as hotels viewed and bookings made.
Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping understand your needs, customize your user experience and interaction with our Site, and inhibiting fraud.
We use Facebook for login only and do not collect or use any data from Facebook to predict user behavior.
For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
How to delete your Travelpass account
When you delete your account, your profile, saved hotels, reviews, favorite destinations, and all the data related to the account will be permanently removed. Once the removal is done there is no way to restore your account information, but you can signup again if you want it. To request the permanent deletion of your account:
- 1. Go to the profile
- 2. Navigate to section "Settings"
- 3. Under "Settings", choose "Security"
- 4. Select the option "Delete my account" and confirm
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We want you to feel confident about using our site to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Sharing Your Personal Data
- • Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- • Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- • Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another Site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- • In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- • When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- • In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user's computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to "personalize" itself for each user by remembering information about the user's visit to the website.
Reservation Counter Cookies (First Party Cookies): Reservation Counter uses its cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. We will also use a cookie to keep track of your search criteria while you are engaging Reservation Counter's services. Reservation Counter cookies are associated with a user's Personal Data. However, no third party may use the information we collect through our ReservationCounter.com cookies for their own purposes.
Third Party Cookies: We work with third-parties that place cookies on our Site to provide their services, including:
- • Ad Targeting: We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online Sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- • Analytics/Measurement: We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our websites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- • Remarketing Pixel Tags: In addition, we may share Site usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other Sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on ReservationCounter.com during earlier browsing sessions.
- • Flash Cookies: Our partners, who provide certain features on our Site or display advertising based on your browsing activity, and Reservation Counter also use Local Shared Objects such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- • If you would like to opt-out of ad targeting cookies set by Google and Doubleclick on our Site, please click here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads?hl=en.
- • If you would like to disable the display of advertisements served by Criteo, please click here: http://www.criteo.com/privacy/full-privacy-text/.
- • If you would like to generally (i.e. not just for this Site) opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here. If you are located in the European Union, please click here to opt out.
- • In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- • If you wish to block other cookies, including those being served by companies that are not part of the NAI or DAA, click here for how to configure your browser settings to reject cookies. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer's hard drive by searching for and deleting files with "cookie" in it.
Anonymous Device Identifiers and Hashed IDs: We and/or data providers that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a data partner may collect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to data passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. However, we will share your email and/or mobile phone number address solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser or applications, please refer to your device's operating system settings, or follow instructions below.
Android Users (version 2.3 and above): To use the "opt-out of interest-based advertising" option, follow the instructions provided by Google here: Google Play Help.
iOS users (version 6 and above): To use the "Limit Ad-Tracking" option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center
Please keep in mind that, without cookies, you may not have access to certain features on our Site, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web Sites, including the ReservationCounter.com web Site.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
California residents, Please click here to view the California Privacy Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please click here. ReservationCounter.com is a website owned, maintained, and operated by TravelPass Group, LLC and is located at 4700 West Daybreak Parkway STE 100, South Jordan, UT 84009.